The Wise Women Community is now officially launched!
Please connect with us via our email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking out passionate self-empowered co-leaders who are able to fulfill certain roles as we launch and get the community going. If you know of any woman who aligns with the community’s mission and vision and who would be interested in contributing to the sacred work in this way, please feel free to share this invitation with them!
We look forward to continuing our work together in creating the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible!
As small healing service providers and/or small healing business owners, most of us operate with minimal advertising budgets and cannot afford significant ad placement.
The “seed” intention of the Wise Women Community is to allow its members to pool resources to get a much wider reach.
This approach has many advantages, the main ones are that it allows members to:
- Share advertising costs—by advertising as “one,” we can reach more markets (both national and international) with the same individual advertising budget
- Get greater exposure—with more money as a group, we can afford advertising mediums that generate a much bigger footprint and reach more people (e.g., massive board on a major highway exit instead of a small billboard in a field, figuratively)
- Achieve mutual prosperity—stronger presence draws attention to our area or field of expertise as a whole. It educates as to who we are and what we do. “Showing up” together is a powerful gateway to increasing our client-base, strengthening numbers of practitioners, and generating revenue for all
As a natural evolution of this initiative, we envision the creation of a healing hub:
- a one-stop shop for people to find all the healing resources they need in one place; and
- a diverse, collaborative, non-competitive, and multidimensional space for women to pool resources, strengthen and share talents, as well as offer dynamic support and inspiration to each other
Your reciprocity fee supports the:
- Creation and maintenance of the community’s website
- Search Engine Optimization for better ranking
- Promotion and education across multiple platforms: social media, print media, publicity, content development, publication of articles, etc.
- Organic evolution of the community and the future needs that may arise (e.g., providing session fee for clients in need; continuing education; networking and self-care retreats; supporting whole-serving allies, organizations, and/or charities; etc.)
Similar to a “Not-for-Profit” organization or a Cooperative, the individuals involved in the Wise Women Community cannot use the proceeds from the reciprocity fee to make personal financial gain. Thus, 100% of the proceeds is reinvested in the community with an “open book” policy, where each member knows how the money is used at any moment.
“Worth and abundance is our natural state when we live in solidarity with others and in harmony with the environment. When we each contribute our unique gifts and abilities to the whole, we always have more than we need. Conversely, when things go wrong, we shoulder it together, lessening the load for us all. Only from a place of combined resources can we begin to defeat the [fear-based competition and separation] in our culture.”
– Toko-Pa Turner, Remembering Ourselves Home
Energetic Reciprocity Fee
A mutually beneficial exchange of time + action in support of the community
We are looking for support in the following areas
- social media (content creation and overall maintenance)
- search engine optimization (SEO) expertise
- content writers
- marketing expertise
- fundraising and grant proposals
- community events coordinator
- audiovisual expertise (video, design, sound editing, etc.)
“Goose Medicine is flying farther together by supporting each other, sharing resources, taking turns in leadership roles, cheering progress, and being loyal to a purpose.”
– Adapted from multiple sources
To create a multidimensional platform to support holistic practitioners in promoting their businesses, offering services, and networking with like-hearted practitioners. We envision a diverse and flourishing community; a healing hub where women are honored for the sacred work they share with the world.
To build a diverse, powerful community of women, to promote their services, and to provide education and resources to the public.
To be a catalyst for advancing the philosophy and practices of holistic healing, while strengthening women’s impact in their communities.
“This [interbeing] way of thinking is one of the greatest attributes of the feminine. It remembers us back to the elements from which we are made, and upon which we are dependent. Like a reciprocal roof, which is a self-supporting structure, we lean on each other from all sides. The center is everywhere and if even one of us falls out of togetherness, we will all eventually fall.”
– Toko-Pa Turner, Remembering Ourselves Home
The Ten Agreements for Evolving Women
1. Holding an Evolutionary Perspective
She strives to live in the knowledge that the creative intelligence that gave birth to the universe is not separate from her true self. She knows that all of the ways that she is conditioned—biologically, socially, and psychologically— are not personal to her, but are part and parcel of a universal developmental process.
2. Trusting in Life
Through letting go of her need to control over and over again, she has discovered the empty Ground of Being that lies at the depth of herself. This profound experience of liberation frees her at the deepest level. As a result, she is at ease, manifesting an undefended innocence, dignity, and independence of spirit.
3. Taking Responsibility for Evolution
Knowing that the entire developmental process is One, she endeavors to take full responsibility for evolving her own consciousness, realizing that her development moves the leading edge forward for all womankind.
4. Realizing Unity with Other Women
She relaxes more and more into a unity with other women as she refuses to act out of the nearly universal compulsion for women to separate from and compete with each other. She doesn’t deny that this compulsion, which has been key to women’s survival in the past, operates in her psyche, nor is she afraid or ashamed of it, but she works to keep her focus on evolving women’s relationships through trust, transparency, and a passion to create the future.
5. Being Emotionally Rational
Despite how overwhelming any emotional experience may be, she strives for objectivity and aspires to liberate her power of choice so that she is no longer trapped by fears and desires rooted in her biological and cultural conditioning. She is developing the emotional maturity to not dis-integrate and give in to ancient survival impulses when she finds herself under pressure.
6. Standing Autonomously and Not Wavering
Rather than gauging her responses by what she thinks others want and need, she is cultivating a radical autonomy, grounded in her longing for liberation and her passion for the evolution of consciousness. She increasingly finds manipulative game-playing distasteful, and craves being simple, straight, and clear in her relationships with others.
7. Relinquishing Sexual Power
She is awake to how deeply identified she is with her sexual power and how instinctive it is to use it to get what she wants. Aspiring to drop this fundamental identification, she finds that sexual relationships become more straightforward and less of a priority and marker of personal success. The more she succeeds in this aspiration, the more she discovers a profound intimacy with others that is not related to sexuality at all.
8. Leading by Example
Dropping the many masks of pretense and self-image, she strives for a rare vulnerability and authenticity that is not emotional but comes from being unafraid of the impulses and motivations that drive women. She is discovering a deep confidence that is not edged with hardness but founded in transparency and humility. She is willing to step forward and be a pioneer, and does not abuse the power that comes with leadership.
9. Being Trustworthy
Resisting the temptation to be dishonest or inauthentic under scrutiny, she desires to act with integrity so that her word is her deed. She aspires to be consistently true to a higher purpose no matter what personal challenges she faces.
10. Rejecting Victimhood
She recognizes that she has co-created history with men and is not a victim of it. She seeks to take full responsibility for her own choices, past and present. Today, she stands side by side with men as an equal co-creator of an enlightened future.
© 2012, Elizabeth Debold. Used with permission.
“From fear to love, from self-serving to whole-serving.”
– Richard Rudd, Gene Keys
How to Apply
Are you ready to join our conscious community?
A resounding “YES!”
Please send us either a short video, letter, or other creative response to the following questions at email@example.com
- What does your sacred work look like?
- What brought you to this work, and to this community?
- How are you tending to your growth and evolution?
“The greatest gestalt shift will come when the first truly holistic and service-based businesses prove that they can be more successful than the old greed-based businesses.”
– Richard Rudd, Gene Keys